Friday, April 25, 2008

Uh Oh! Coffee at 8pm?

Well, it looks like tonight could be fun! I was seriously craving coffee tonight and, while I drink half-caff, the caffinated half just might get me going.

I spent the morning and into the afternoon training for my new job. I am really excited! While my predecessor has way more experience and just overall talent, I hope to make up for my lack with passion. I love the part where I can do something I love, oh and the part where I can be part time doing something I love, oh yeah, and the part where I can still be a stay at home mom. How much better can it get! I am looking forward to providing an experience The Rock guests and family through food. I have not done catering professionally but merely out of service. I always enjoy blessing people with a good meal. I also look forward to the creative freedom to help shape guest experience at The Rock.

Here is my latest accomplishment. I have been working on these cards for our women's group.

So, I like how they turned out. I think they are pretty good for being just a dabbler.

4 comments:

Sheena Souza said...

I am so excited for you! You will do a fantastic job! Love you! By the way...what the heck does splendid wren mean? I'm just not sure...

Alicia said...

Thanks Sheena! I love you too! You are such an amazingly beautiful and supportive friend! A Splendid Wren is a beautiful bird. I just loved how cute wrens are and this one really is splendid. I can see why they named it that. Plus, I like the way it sounds =)

Charlotte said...

You did a GORGEOUS job! I had no idea you were doing this until I found out at the women's retreat!

Alicia said...

Thanks! Yeah... I have had a few really important projects on my plate. I just finished Jen's wedding on Saturday so, while I had fun with these projects, I feel lighter.