Monday, May 19, 2008

Whew... I think I can finally sit down

I don't have any pics to post yet since my camera battery is dead from taking a ton of shots. I will get to that later today. I think I can take a rest after a completely busy but splendid first few weeks of May.

I felt a sudden shift as I began to feel redefined in April. I started this blog amongst other creative ventures I never really had the mojo to do. I have always had creative ideas but never had the stick-to-it-iveness to get things done which did not have looming deadlines. Now that I am a SAHM, I have had the inspiration but also the feet under these ideas to get them walking.

Starting May, I picked up my very part time catering position at the Rock, I excitedly volunteered to design for the Women's Getaway, and I catered my first wedding for my beautiful step-sister, Jennifer. Mother's Day was tucked in there nicely, too. I had been easing my way into the catering job until the Getaway stuff and the wedding were finished. I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the Getaway (I sadly could not attend because I had the wedding). I got props from Women's Director (and one of my best friends) Stephanie in front of the women on the materials I designed. And finally, I think the wedding turned out beautiful! I think Jen was pleased with how things turned out, too.

So... I am a happy girl! I had some big projects and I feel they all have turned out! It feels great to put your hand to something and have it work out. And now... I think I can rest... for now. And focus on my primary love and duty - Mommyhood!

0 comments: