Wednesday, July 23, 2008

on making you feel better about your life

Two things that will improve your outlook:

1. We got dressed up for dear Natalie's birthday party. I had to stop at Trader Joe's to get some milk for the men's breakfast I was catering the next morning so we pulled up to the store and Matthew dropped me off choosing to wait in the car with Evelina. As I got out of the car, I hear him yell something but I figured it was the usual "hurry and get out because I wouldn't want to the person behind me to think I was , God forbid, LETTING YOU OUT IN FRONT OF THE STORE". When I got back to the car, he told me he was trying to mercifully let me know that I had a cheerio stuck to the back of my dress like a bullseye on you know where. Niiiice...

2. I stopped for coffee the other day and was chatting with some folks there. Evelina was feeling peculiarly quiet that morning. I was holding her and as someone approached her, she leaned her head on my shoulder and patted me, saying "Mamma" in such an affectionate way. My heart was a-flutter because getting loved from your child is so wonderful since most of the time they are challenging your every move. I was lost in the moment. I did not realize that loving pat had turned into a grope of my boob while the poor soul looked at me pathetically.

I LOVE being a mom. I am never at a loss for things which humble me.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

You made me laugh out loud! I think this is my favorite post of yours so far. :-D