Monday, July 14, 2008

Two lists...

I have been thinking on all of the things that make me a good mamma and all of the things that make me a work-in-progress mamma. Chalking one up to the work-in-progress list, I need to be more consistant. Evelina wins far too many times. AHHHHH!!!!

Ok, I just had to get that out. I have been really blessed in that I have not experienced anger in dealing with my child. But, there is an internal struggle and I am constantly reviewing the good mamma/ w-i-p mamma lists. I finally bought "The Strong-Willed Child" and I am enjoying it. It is a bit scary... all of those tantrums and acts of terror as told in the book. I hope I have what it takes and pray daily for wisdom in raising Evelina. I read and loved "Shepherding a Child's Heart". It is really Evelina's heart I want to get to. I pray for understanding in how to lead her to an understanding of authority and boundries that are love and respect. I pray that our family would be close and in her adolescence, she would want to spend time with her family because she is loved and wants to give love. I pray she would see the goodness and love that is in Jesus and feel her value all of the says of her life.

God... give me wisdom... and more love!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Amen to that!

Stephanie said...

Oh yes - God give us grace!

Charlotte said...

I would love to read that book, "Shepherding a Child's Heart".

Something else I need to learn...how to teach my children how to match their clothes. lol!! ;)

Alicia said...

You can borrow mine if you would like...

Matching... what a concept! Evelina is going through the "nakey" faze.