Wednesday, July 23, 2008

whereas one should not put a toddler to nap wearing only a diaper

I got home from bible study today a bit later that usual cutting into Evelina's naptime by about 20 minutes. I changed her diaper and then, against my better judgement, I laid her down wearing only a diaper. It was just really warm in the house. I had a fleeting thought about her removing her diaper but then followed it up with the classic "surely she wouldn't do THAT".

Sure enough, about an hour earlier than she should have woken, she started calling for me. She's all "MAMMA". I was like "what is it Sweet Pea" as I walked in her room and into big cloud of really stinky poo smell. She was waving her arms and was all "I poo-pooed the bed!!!!" She reached down to pick up something. I was all "you did NOT just poo the bed" followed by "DON'T PICK IT UP!!!". Clearly she had removed her diaper before falling asleep, backed one out onto the bed, while asleep, then at some point rolled over and woke up face to face with a big brown turd. Yikes!

No wonder she was yelling my name. Fo' sure that would be my worst nightmare. I have had a couple close calls with pee (I do NOT know why I am sharing this with you guys! (Don't tell no one 'K?!)) But waking up with a turd in my face would definately be one of my worst days.

She amazingly only got it on her feet as she raced back and forth, hanging on the crib gate shouting "MAMMAAAA!" There were little footprints of poo all over her white crib sheet. I thought about cutting out the cute little print and mounting it in a frame for the grandparents for the next holiday since clearly grandkids can do no wrong and grandparents swear that their kids never cried and stuff. I think I might have just gone there but I think I started to get really grossed out. Don't tell the grandparents because their kids' poo smelled like roses.

We got all cleaned up and are now sitting on the couch trying to get past this (things like this can leave some serious woundings if not processed properly - don't look at me like that, I have a girl!).

Anyways, I thought I might make you feel better about your life.

5 comments:

Matthew Wright said...

Oh wow...

Stephanie said...

Yes, wait till they are 4 and should know how to go in the toilet. Elleanna had such a big poop that she got it all over the toilet and the floor. Thank goodness my bathroom was ready for a good clorox scrub!! This will not be your last poop story I promise!!

Roxanne said...

Tears streaming down my face as I laugh hysterically! Hope Evelina has recovered from the trauma. We all have the poop stories...somehow at the age of three Ethan missed the toilet (or just decided pooping on the floor sounded like the thing to do) I'm not sure. Anyway, it was at Poppy's house...remember the carpet all through the bathroom? Super fun. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

OK, now I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. This one takes the cake!

Charlotte said...

lol!