Monday, February 8, 2010

pretty sure any following i had has given up on me...

I know I have not been so faithful when it comes to blogging. Or writing. Or even to my creative other self. Lately, I have been so disconnected to that creative other self, I fear she has fled the camp. I think she may be dancing in the hills of Austria singing "The hills are alive...". Or maybe she is getting ready for the release of her newest book. Or perhaps awaiting the first cut of her very own textile design on the softest, loftiest, buttery soft fabric available. This is not the first time I have lost her. Just when I think she has left me for good and my hopes are dashed, she swept in to make some creamy and tart lemon curd from our new dwarf Meyer lemon tree. And she so sweetly and softly reminded me as we carefully concocted our very own lemon curd that I, not she, am knitting and weaving away at the my most creative, daring, and brilliant venture yet - my girls.

4 comments:

Stephanie W. said...

I still a follower and I will continue to be your number one fan!!! I have to because you are the girl that introduced me to blogging!

Stephanie W. said...

Okay - I can't even write...I AM still a follower....

Carole said...

I'm still following too and just LOVE the pix of our great nieces!

Maria said...

I can totally relate. Most of the time I feel like all my creative outlets are jut gone. Not enough hours in the day. But it helps to remember that"most creative, daring and brilliant venture yet." That is a great line. Thanks for posting.