Monday, March 8, 2010

hot... or not

There was this article in the Sac Bee about the pressure many moms feel to be "hot".  I was reading through it and agreeing with some of the points.  It is a lot of pressure to feel "hot" when you are just trying to keep everyone fed and clean, bills paid, housework done, etc.  I pretty much never feel "hot"... I don't know about you but I don't really think I want to be "hot".  It is truly the farthest thing from my mind.  Whereas I once loved fashion and still do (somewhere in there), I like the creative element behind putting together an outfit, not how "hot" other people will think I am. I suppose that is why it is so easy for me to stay in my pajamas all day... I really do not care if other people will like it or not.  The article stated that it is a woman's confidence that makes her most beautiful.  As I got towards the end of the article, I felt somewhat validated for not striving to feel "hot".  I almost felt hopeful that I was going to be let off the hook and allowed to just be me.  Until the end.  The final story shares one gal's struggle and how she got her confidence back... liposuction.  Thanks, SacBee... it appears that I can be confident, once again, if only I could get LIPOSUCTION.  WHAT?!!!  Clearly, this article needs a bit of proofing!  Nothing like changing your mind in the middle of your article!  Try staying true to your thesis!!!

1 comments:

Chalk Inscriptions said...

That was so ridiculous! Was there an ad for liposuction on the same page? You should send to Sac Bee - well written!