Monday, May 10, 2010

some fun in all that...

Since my posts have been a bit melancholy, I wanted to throw in a little of that trivial, shallow, fleeting, beautiful stuff we all like.  And some things I am looking forward to.  I love May because that means Mommies are loved all across the world.  It means that peonies are in bloom.  It means that I can keep the windows open all of the time.  It means that peaches are forming on the trees.  Here are a months worth of favorites:

Free farm tours at Capay Organic - We took a little tractor ride, picked asparagus and snap peas, picked a lovely bouquet of sweet peas for mother's day, and picnicked on their lawn while listening to a happy country/blue grass band

My own little backyard garden.  I just purchased some seed potatoes to add, both Yukon Gold and Fingerling, and will be planting them probably tonight or tomorrow.  Also picked up some San Marzano tomato seeds and some acorn squash seeds that I am hoping to add next week.

My "Message-in-a-Cookie Cutter" from Williams-Sonoma should arrive any day now.  I am too excited about all of the little messages I will be putting in cookies to celebrate Luciana's first birthday.

I was thinking these would be lovely for her party too

these flowers...

maybe one day, this will be mine

and this

I wonder if I can make this

I love the beauty in her blog... and I am now desperately seeking Sakura

I am looking forward to the beauty of the redwoods and our ladies retreat.

I am going to make this as soon as I can get my hands on some leeks.

I would love to have a portrait of Evelina's Honeybun and Luciana's Lulu like these

I can't believe this was only $109.00

Still loving Anna Maria's fabric...what I would give to have just a couple yards

and that is all I have time for for now... I hope you enjoyed them as much as I do!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Bring me their toys and I'll try to do a picture!

Love the bench.

Cookies are so cool, and I love the princess stuff!

Looking into the produce delivery.

What names would you get put on the necklace?

Havilah said...

I have some leeks I bought at the Downtown Farmers market and haven't had a chance to use them. We leave Saturday so I was going to throw them out. Do you want them? I'll bring them tonight. :)